I went to a gallery show at concordia. I found a piece of art work
by a man by the name of Marko Fields. I decided on his piece of art called
"Pray O salior lost at sea, That a mermaid may find thee."
In the sculpture that i saw hanging on the wall it seems as if he
was showing all of the things that could go wrong on a ship and what
is lurking under the murky ocean. It like he is explaining an
old wives tale of that sailor saw mermaids and had tall tails of what
they looked like. He also had a like a sunken ship and skull and
cross bones, so, it seems he is saying that, sailor if you die, you better
hope that mermaid is down there waiting to save you. It seems as if he
had recently read some old pirate book and then made art out of the main
point. Its a lovely sculpture and very interesting, I recoment giving it a long
hard look.
Sam
Designer/Artist Book: the Final Countdown...
16 years ago
Nice description, Sam. You might want to look into Field's work (artist statement, website) to get a little more information...
ReplyDelete